On Monday 19 September, CAHA and the Lowitja Institute co-hosted a Healthy Conversation on 'Always caring for country'.
Attendees listened to and learning from Dr Janine Mohamed and Dr Summer May Finlay about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander strength and leadership in responding to climate change. If you missed it, we encourage you to check out the recording.
Here are some useful links and resources from the discussion:
- Lowitja Institute's discussion paper on Climate Change and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Lowitja Institute's discussion paper on Indigenous Nation Building and the Political Determinants of Health and Wellbeing
- Further information about the cultural determinants of health by the Lowitja Institute in Culture is Key: Towards cultural determinants-driven health policy
- Article in the Medical Journal of Australia on Climate, housing, energy and Indigenous health: a call to action
- More information on the Uluru Statement from the Heart