The Climate and Health Alliance turned ten years old in 2020. We have produced this report as a record of our first ten years of achievement and impact.
The Climate and Health Alliance’s mission is to build a powerful health sector movement for climate action and sustainable healthcare.
Through collaboration, advocacy, engagement and information-sharing, the Alliance works to activate health professionals as powerful advocates for national and global action on the climate health emergency, build public support by communicating climate health impacts, and support the health sector to cut emissions and build climate health resilience.
In its first ten years, CAHA:
- Strengthened and mobilised the health sector on climate through outreach and engagement
- Became the 'go to' for expertise on climate and health
- Delivered world-first projects and groundbreaking reports
- Produced a game changing framework for a national strategy on climate, health and wellbeing
- Catalysed and showcased low carbon and sustainable healthcare in action
Through these activities, CAHA has grown to become the leading national climate and health peak body, becoming recognised internationally for its leadership on advocacy, policy, research translation and communications.