The Health Emergency of Climate Change - 13 Feb
Climate change is a health emergency.
Join us the evening before the National Climate Emergency Summit to hear from experts on the health impacts of the climate emergency, and the health benefits of climate action, including:
- The health impacts of rising temperatures, heatwaves, bushfire smoke and air pollution
- Climate anxiety and grief, and other mental health impacts
- How climate impacts are already presenting in Emergency Departments
- The power and role of health organisations and professionals in securing urgent climate action
- Dr Brett Sutton, Chief Health Officer of Victoria
- Dr Simon Judkins, Australasian College of Emergency Medicine
- Dr Liz Hanna, Environmental Working Group, World Federation of Public Health Associations
- Associate Professor Louis Irving, Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Dr Charles Le Feuvre, Psychology for a Safe Climate
- Fiona Armstrong, Climate and Health Alliance
RSVP now to secure your spot.
We will livestream the event from the Climate and Health Alliance Facebook page here.
90-130 Swanston St
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Google map and directions