CAHA is pleased to be partnering with Plastic Oceans Australasia to deliver a pilot project that will help reduce single-use plastics from healthcare going to landfill.
Through the project, health institutions are undertaking the EPIC Business Program (EPIC - Engagement in Plastic-free Innovation for Change). EPIC is an initiative of POA that provides support and a toolkit for eliminating single use plastics from the workplace.
The aim of the project is to demonstrate that the EPIC Business Program can reduce single-use plastic in health settings, and to document and disseminate key achievements and outcomes to scale up the project and achieve even greater impact.
Read a media release announcing the launch of the project here.
Read more about Plastic Ocean's Australia and their EPIC Business Program here.
- Introduce healthcare service providers to the POA EPIC Program
- Support participating health institutions to measure single-use plastic use
- Demonstrate a quantified reduction in single-use plastics in health institutions involved in the pilot
- Showcase measures health institutions can take to reduce single-use plastics through case studies
- Showcase behaviour change is possible in challenged workplaces
- Support the health service to continue their sustainability journey
- Demonstrate that the POA EPIC Program can be delivered in a healthcare setting
Key lessons and achievements will be shared via case studies and a project report in early 2023.
We're grateful to the Minderoo Foundation’s Flourishing Oceans Initiative for funding this project