See you thereWhen
September 21, 2018 at 8:30am - 1:30pm
Multipurpose Room 1, Kathleen Syme Library and Community Centre
251 Faraday St
Carlton, Victoria 3053
Google map and directions
2018 Climate and Health Symposium
The 2018 Climate and Health Symposium will bring together people from the health sector, local and state government, professional and industrial associations, not for profit organisations, research, academia,sustainable healthcare,environmental organisations, and civil society to share challenges, successes and opportunities on climate change and health and generate momentum tohelp accelerate coordinated and effective action.
The Symposium will engage participants in a discussion achieve the following objectives:
- Identify how to frame climate change as a critical public health issue to policy makers and the media
- Raise awareness of research, policy and advocacy initiatives on climate change and health in Australia
- Engage and build the community of professionals dedicated to climate and health action
- Generate momentum and commitments for action on climate and health
- Use the discussions to feed into the Climate and Health Forum at the Global Climate Action Summit in California in September
Participants will hear a series of ‘lightning talks’ on the latest policy, advocacy, research and communications on climate change and health and have the opportunity to share their insights, knowledge and ideas to build a stronger collective understanding of current initiatives and opportunities for collaboration to inspire accelerated action to tackle this threat.