We're helping health services and organisations to work together towards a sustainable and healthy future via the Global Green and Healthy Hospital Network
Global Green and Healthy Hospitals is a free global network for hospitals and health organisations who are committed to reducing their ecological footprint and promoting public and environmental health.
CAHA is proud to run the Pacific Region of the network, covering 100+ health organisations and hospitals across Australia and New Zealand.
By joining the network, your health institution is demonstrating its commitment to protecting the environment and providing a safe, healthy future for your community.
Membership is open to:
- Health care facilities (e.g. community health centers; primary care facilities)
- Health system members (private, public, private for charity)
- Health, professional and academic organisations members
Members will get:
- access to a network of sustainable healthcare peers
- resources developed specifically for sustainable healthcare
- opportunities to promote your health service's environmental successes and be recognised internationally through awards programs, such as the Healthcare Climate Challenge
Members need to outline their commitment working towards two of the following areas:
- LEADERSHIP: Prioritise environmental health
- CHEMICALS: Substitute harmful chemicals with safer alternatives
- WASTE: Reduce, treat and safely dispose of healthcare waste
- ENERGY: Implement energy efficiency and clean, renewable energy generation
- WATER: Reduce hospital water consumption and supply potable water
- TRANSPORTATION: Improve transportation strategies for patients and staff
- FOOD: Purchase and serve sustainably grown, healthy food
- PHARMACEUTICALS: Safely manage and dispose of pharmaceuticals
- BUILDINGS: Support green and healthy hospital design and construction
- PURCHASING: Buy safer and more sustainable products and materials
If you want to encourage employers or member organisations to join the GGHH network, contact our Sustainable Healthcare program manager.
GGHH Pacific region members
As of March 2021, there are 105 GGHH members in the Pacific region, representing over 1,822 hospitals and health services.