The Climate and Health Alliance is an Incorporated Association. It has a Committee of Management to guide its work, and an Expert Advisory Committee with senior health and climate researchers to ensure the positions of the Alliance reflect an evidence-based approach. A Strategic Action Plan has been developed to outline the strategic directions and specific actions planned by the Alliance.
Committee of Management
CAHA's Committee of Management is comprised of:
- Dr Liz Hanna, President (Australian College of Nursing)
- Dr Peter Sainsbury, Vice-President (Public Health Association of Australia)
- Kim Daire, Treasurer (Independent Director)
- Dr Elizabeth Haworth, Secretary (Friends of CAHA)
- Dr Brad Farrant (Independent Director)
- Terrona Ramsay (Koowerup Regional Health Service)
- Robyn Clay-Williams (Australian Institute of Health Innovation)
- Harry Jennens (Healthy Futures)
- Carolyn Reimann and Natasha Abeysekera, Observers (Australian Medical Students Association - jointly held)
Expert Advisory Committee
CAHA's expert advisory committee includes:
- Associate Professor Grant Blashki, Nossal Institute for Global Health
- Dr Susie Burke, Senior Psychologist, Public Interest, Environment & Disaster Response, Australian Psychological Society
- Professor Colin Butler, ARC Future Fellow, Public Health, Faculty of Health, University of Canberra
- Professor Simon Chapman, Professor of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Professor Anthony Capon, Director, United Nations University International Institute for Global Health
- Professor Garry Egger, School of Health & Human Sciences, Southern Cross University
- Professor David Karoly, Federation Fellow in the School of Earth Sciences, University of Melbourne
- Professor Stephan Lewandowsky, School of Psychology, University of Western Australia
- Dr Peter Tait, Convenor, Ecology and Environment Special Interest Group, Public Health Association of Australia
- Professor John Wiseman, Deputy Director of the Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute, University of Melbourne
Statement of Purpose
The Climate and Health Alliance Statement of Purpose (which outlines the Alliance's Aim and Objectives) can be found here.
CAHA has a Strategic Action Plan to assist the Alliance realise its aims and objectives by identifying a set of key strategic actions. An insight into CAHA's Key Strategic Directions can be found here.
The CAHA Rules act as the Constitution for the Climate and Health Alliance. A copy of the Rules is available here.