The Climate and Health Alliance is an Incorporated Association. It has a Committee of Management to guide its work, and an Expert Advisory Committee with senior health and climate researchers and experts to ensure the positions of the Alliance reflect an evidence-based approach. A Strategic Action Plan guides the direction of CAHA's core initiatives and campaigns.
Committee of Management
CAHA’s Committee of Management is comprised of:
- Dr Liz Hanna, President (Australian College of Nursing)
- Dr Peter Sainsbury, Vice-President (Public Health Association of Australia)
- Dr Elizabeth Haworth (Secretary) and Dr Jo McCubbin (Friends of CAHA – jointly held)
- Robyn Clay-Williams (Australian Institute of Health Innovation)
- Rebecca Patrick (Health Nature Sustainability Research Group)
- Kim Daire (Independent Director)
- Lyn Morgain (CoHealth)
- Fiona Armstrong, Executive Director
Expert Advisory Committee
CAHA’s expert advisory committee includes:
- Associate Professor Grant Blashki, Nossal Institute for Global Health
- Dr Susie Burke, Senior Psychologist, Public Interest, Environment & Disaster Response, Australian Psychological Society
- Professor Colin Butler, Health Research Institute, University of Canberra, Campus Visitor at National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, Australian National University
- Professor Anthony Capon, Professor of Planetary Health, University of Sydney
- Professor Garry Egger, School of Health & Human Sciences, Southern Cross University
- Professor David Karoly, Professor of Atmospheric Science, School of Earth Sciences and ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate Extremes, University of Melbourne
- Professor Stephan Lewandowsky, Chair in Cognitive Psychology, University of Bristol
- Dr Peter Tait, Convenor, Ecology and Environment Special Interest Group, Public Health Association of Australia
- Professor John Wiseman, Melbourne Sustainable Societies Institute
CAHA acknowledges the contribution of former Expert Advisory Committee member, Professor Simon Chapman from the University of Sydney.
Statement of Purpose
The Climate and Health Alliance Statement of Purpose (which outlines the Alliance’s Aim and Objectives) can be found here.
CAHA has a Strategic Action Plan to assist the Alliance realise its aims and objectives by identifying a set of key strategic actions. The 2017/18 Strategic Action Plan is available here.
The CAHA Rules act as the Constitution for the Climate and Health Alliance. A copy of the Rules is available here.