The Climate and Health Alliance is an Incorporated Association. It has a Committee of Management to guide its work, and an Expert Advisory Committee with senior health and climate researchers and experts to ensure the positions of the Alliance reflect an evidence-based approach. A Strategic Action Plan guides the direction of CAHA's core initiatives and campaigns.
Committee of Management
CAHA’s Committee of Management is comprised of:
- Dr Peter Sainsbury, President (Public Health Association of Australia))
- Rebecca Patrick (Health Nature Sustainability Research Group)
- Kim Daire, Treasurer (Independent Director)
- Lyn Morgain (CoHealth)
- Dr Jo McCubbin (Friends of CAHA)
- Amanda Adrian (Independent Director)
- John Ryan (Victorian Allied Health Professionals Association)
- Sarah Stewart, Secretary (Independent Director)
- Sinead Boylan (School of Public Health, University of Sydney)
- Fiona Armstrong, Executive Director
Expert Advisory Committee
CAHA’s expert advisory committee includes:
- Associate Professor Grant Blashki, Nossal Institute for Global Health
- Professor Colin Butler, Visiting Fellow, Australian National University
- Professor Tony Capon, Professor of Planetary Health, University of Sydney
- Dr Susie Burke, Senior Psychologist, Australian Psychological Society
- Professor Garry Egger, School of Health & Human Sciences, Southern Cross University
- Professor David Karoly, Leader, Earth Systems and Climate Change Hub
National Environmental Science Program, CSIRO
- Professor Stephan Lewandowsky, School of Psychology, University of Western Australia
- Dr Peter Tait, Convenor, Ecology and Environment Special Interest Group, Public Health Association
- Professor John Wiseman, Melbourne Sustainable Societies Institute
CAHA acknowledges the contribution of former Expert Advisory Committee member, Professor Simon Chapman from the University of Sydney.
Statement of Purpose
The Climate and Health Alliance Statement of Purpose (which outlines the Alliance’s Aim and Objectives) can be found here.
CAHA has a Strategic Action Plan to assist the Alliance realise its aims and objectives by identifying a set of key strategic actions. The 2017/18 Strategic Action Plan is available here.
The CAHA Rules act as the Constitution for the Climate and Health Alliance. A copy of the Rules is available here.